Lone Tree Family Practice Patient Portal Guidelines
Our patient portal is a feature available to help manage your personal health care. Access to the patient portal will help you to keep track of your visits, test results, billing, prescriptions, and so much more. You can also message your provider and provides medical assistant questions through the portal.
For access, you will need to set up an account with the front desk. The service is free. A password is used so that your information is private and secure.
With a patient portal, you can:
- Ask brief, nonurgent questions to your Provider and provider’s Medical Assistant through secure e-mail
- Make appointments (non-urgent)
- Request referrals and routine lab orders
- Request prescriptions refills if pharmacy option is not working
- Update insurance or contact information
- Make payments to your provider’s office
- Complete forms and submit information the provider requested (blood sugar logs, blood pressure readings etc.)
- Test results
- View visit summaries
- View and update your medical history including allergies, immunizations, and medications
Things we are unable to address through the patient portal:
- Urgent questions or concerns
- Questions about a new medical issue not previously addressed with your Provider
- Request for new medication or to change a current medication
- Requesting a diagnosis and treatment plan for some conditions
- Lengthy messages that should be a phone call. Utilizing the patient portal for conversations that take longer than 5 minutes could result in a charge to your insurance plan.